FEMA Floodplain Information
Protect your family and your home from flood hazards. The following links contains information on flood hazards, flood safety, and other important information you’ll want to know:
- 2019 FEMA Floodplain Map (PDF)
- 2019 FIRM (Flood Insurance Rate Map) Panels (PDF)
- 2019 FIS (Flood Insurance Study) Report (PDF)
- Flood Protection for You and Your Property (PDF)
- Flood Zone Risks (PDF)
- Know your flood hazard! Visit the FEMA Flood Map Service Center: Search By Address and type your address in the search bar to see if your property is in the FEMA Special Flood Hazard Area.
For information on Haltom City’s Construction Requirements in the Special Flood Hazard Area and Procedures for Map Changes
Need more information on the floodplain? Submit an inquiry by downloading and filling out the Floodplain Information Request (PDF).
- FEMA Elevation Certificate (PDF)
Haltom City requires residential buildings in the floodplain to be elevated 2 feet to 0 inches above the base flood elevation. This form must be filled out and submitted to Haltom City Public Works prior to receiving a certificate of occupancy.
- Floodplain Development Permit (PDF)
All development and construction that takes place in the FEMA Special flood hazard area must obtain a floodplain development permit prior to construction. Contact The Floodplain Manager for questions on how to fill out this permit application.
- Floodproofing Certificate - Non-Residential Structures (PDF)
Haltom City requires non-residential buildings in the floodplain to be elevated 2 feet to 0 inches above the base flood elevation or floodproofed 1 foot to 0 inches above the base flood elevation. The applicable form(s) must be filled out and submitted to Haltom City Public Works prior to receiving a certificate of occupancy.
- No Rise Certification (PDF)
All development in the FEMA Floodway must have a registered professional engineer certify that the proposed development or construction will not cause the base flood elevation to rise. The following form must be submitted to Haltom City public works along with a Floodplain Development Permit Application.
There is a 26% chance you home floods at least once over a 30-year mortgage and a 55% chance your home floods at least once over an average lifetime. You don’t have to be in the Special Flood Hazard Area to get flood insurance. As a matter of fact, about 30% of all flood insurance claims are filed in low- to moderate-risk areas.
Most home insurance policies do not cover flooding. In 2018, the average flood policy cost about $650 a year and the average flood claim was more than $42,000! Don’t wait until disaster strikes, go to the links below to talk to an insurance provider about getting flood insurance on your home or business.
Develop Naturally! The ten keys in the NCTOG Develop Naturally Key (PDF) show how developing naturally can reduce the cost of developing land and attract potential buyers by incorporating features that buyers consider important.
Floodproofing is most successful in areas subject to relatively shallow flood depths. If you need more information on floodproofing, start at floodproofing.com to get a complimentary design review.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- United States Geological Survey
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- Environmental Protection Agency
State & Local Resources
- 1901 Carson Street (PDF)
- 2220 Delante Street (PDF)
- 2237 Delante Street (PDF)
- 2300 Delante Street (PDF)
- 2316 Carson Street (PDF)
- 2316 Delante Street (PDF)
- 2318 Pecan Court (Carrier and Totaline) (PDF)
- 2320 Carson Street (PDF)
- 2320 Pecan Court (PDF)
- 2323 Pecan Court (PDF)
- 2334 Pecan Court (PDF)
- 2345 Pecan Court (PDF)
- 2381 Pecan Court (PDF)
- 3016 Kerry Lane (PDF)
- 3020 Haltom Road (PDF)
- 5230 Denton Highway (PDF)
- 5304 Denton Highway (PDF)
- 5400 Denton Highway (Midway Road) (PDF)
- 5515a Bonner Drive (PDF)
- 5519 Bonner Drive (PDF)
- 5524 Bonner Drive (PDF)
- 5528 Bonner Drive (PDF)
- 5700 Midway Road (PDF)
- 5800 Midway Road (PDF)
- 5809 Posey Lane (PDF)
- 5904 Eden Drive (PDF)
- 6232 Midway Road (PDF)
- 6300 Midway Road (PDF)
- 6405 Airport Freeway (Woodard and Delux Inn) (PDF)
- 6419 Midway Road (PDF)
- 6450 Midway Road (PDF)
- 6500 Midway Road (PDF)