We offer local and long distance fax service. Charges are $1 per page. The charges apply to both sending and receiving. We do not provide international faxing. Faxes may be sent from the Copy and Print Center during Library business hours. The fax number used is 817-788-1499.
General Education Diploma (GED)
The Haltom City Public Library is currently not hosting GED classes.
For other classes and testing sites (for Citizenship, ESL, and GED classes) please call or visit the Tarrant Literacy Coalition at 817-402-7555, the Ft Worth ISD at 817-815-7750 or Birdville ISD at 817-547-5440.
Fees: $6 for first signature and $1 for each additional signature.
The Haltom City Public Library can assist with notary service when the certified Notary Public is available. They are not attorneys and may not help patrons fill out legal forms or offer legal advice.
- Forms must be brought in unsigned and signed in the notary's presence. Signers must be present for the form to be notarized.
- Services are only available during the library's hours of operation.
- Notary services are offered at the library's discretion and are not a primary or overriding library responsibility.
- Patrons desiring notary services should call ahead 817-222-7786 to ensure a notary is available. Service cannot be guaranteed to patrons who do not call ahead.
- All individuals seeking notarization as well as any known witnesses must provide valid photo identification issued by the United States government. The identification cannot be expired.
Acceptable forms of identification:
- US state issued photo ID such as a driver's license
- United States passport
- US work visa
- State issued gun license
- US military ID
Unacceptable Identification documents:
- Social Security cards
- Birth certificates
- Credit cards
- The library is unable to notarize using credible witnesses
- IDs, visas, or passports from countries other than the United States
- Witnesses will not be provided by the library nor can witnesses be obtained from general library patrons.Witnesses must have personal knowledge of the individual requiring the notarization and witnesses must provide appropriate and valid photo identification.It is the signer's job to produce witnesses should it be required in court later.
- Documents in languages other than English may not be notarized nor may a translator be used as notary and signer must be able to communicate directly.If the signer does not speak English they must go to a notary who speaks the same language.
- Services are not available for deeds, mortgages, wills, living wills, living trusts, codicils, or depositions.
- Public documents, including birth and death certificates and marriage licenses, may not be notarized.This is called a certified copy and must be obtained by the County Clerk's Office.
Please note our notaries reserve the right to refuse to notarize any document for any reason.
We proctor exams free of charge. However, we are unable to proctor exams that require constant observation. To ask questions or arrange an exam please utilize the contact form for Erica Gill, Kansas Terry, Lani Hahn or Christina Barton.
We can help you find information on home and car repair, directions to places, and more. We are trained in how to find and evaluate information so we can help you find useful information faster. We can also help you locate organizations that help with educational, legal, medical, tax, debt and other problems.
AARP provides income tax preparation assistance each year from February 1, through April 15. Assistance is by appointment only on Thursdays, from 12 to 4. We make appointments at the reference desk starting the last week of January.