Special Event Permit
- Information: 817-222-7730
If you plan to organize a special event within the city limits of Haltom City, the following guidelines will assist you in that endeavor:
1) How do I know if I need a permit?
- If the event is to be conducted on a public street or property, and will require special traffic controls, a permit will be required.
- If any part of the event takes place on city property or right-of-way, or requires involvement of city personnel including the need for crowd control, a permit will be required.
- If the event involves the use of loudspeakers or amplifiers in a place that is not completely enclosed in a building, a permit will be required.
- If the event involves a fireworks display, a permit will be required.
2) What is involved in getting a permit?
- Contact the Haltom City Planning & Community Development Department for a special event permit application.
- Complete the application linked above, attach all other necessary permits (i.e. health, electrical, etc.), along with the applicant’s written agreement to indemnify the City of Haltom City against all claims of injury and the non-refundable application fee of $40.00 payable at the Haltom City Planning & Community Development Department for processing.
- An application must be filed not less than twenty-one (21) days before a special event is to begin.
- If the special event requires the use of City streets or other property for an event, the applicant shall provide liability insurance in a reasonable amount, taking into consideration the number of people and the risk involved.
- Once the application has cleared all appropriate City departments, the City will either approve or disapprove the permit request. You will be notified in either instance.
Contact the Haltom City Planning & Community Development Department at 817-222-7730 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. if you need any assistance.