- 10 local Haltom City industries awarded
The annual Environmental Excellence Awards are issued to permitted industries for maintaining compliance throughout the pretreatment year, June 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019, with pretreatment regulations (met all wastewater discharge limits) as well as all local, state and federal requirements pertaining to other environmental regulations.
Two of our local industries who won awards were in attendance this year.
Haltom City currently has a total of 12 industries permitted under it's Pretreatment Program. 10 of these industries received awards this year. Industries not only have to meet wastewater discharge limits, but also be in good standing with other environmental regulations (i.e. stormwater, air, soild waste disposal, etc.). For example, an industry that is in compliance with pretreatment regulations, but has had notable violations with respect to storm water or air quality compliance throughout the year, is not eligible for an award.
- Greg-Co. Inc. - 7 years
- GST Manufacturing Ltd. - Janada Facility - 7 years
- Aero Labs and Metal Finishing - 6 years
- Aaxon Labs Inc. - 5 years
- Anodics Inc.Powdertek - 5 years
- FORE AERO - 4 years
- Hillshire Brands Company -Haltom City, TX - 4 years
- Billmark Company Inc. - 1 year
- Unifirst Holdings - 1 year
The two companies representatives are pictured with Haltom City Public Works employees: Environmental Specialist Tom Belloma (fourth from left) and Database Administrator Robert Bateman (third from left).