'18 Refresh BISD Wrap-Up
Because of Refresh:
- 2,500 BISD students received school supplies & backpacks
- Refresh served 25 BISD elementary and middle schools in Haltom City, NRH & Richland Hills
- There were 26 churches present, plus 51 business & civic groups
- 123 eye exams, 132 sports physicals & 278 haircuts were done at Refresh
- 618 volunteers were there & 26,310 lbs. of fresh produce were distributed to local families
The mission of Refresh is to mobilize people to connect families with the community for lasting transformation and Refresh aims to help Birdville families and schools all year long. Refresh is a program of the Community Enrichment Center (CEC) www.cec.org that supports their vision of breaking the cycle of poverty and family violence in Northeast Tarrant County.
Like them on Facebook @RefreshBISD to stay connected or visit their website www.RefreshBISD.com.