Options for Disposition
- City Hall - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7773
- Pay Fine Online:
- Your Rights When Appearing Before Haltom City Municipal Court
Depending on how you choose to plea, there are various options for disposition with the municipal court. If you received a Red Light Camera Ticket please see this page.
1. If you feel that you are guilty, a standard fine for the offense may be paid in person, online or mailed to:
Haltom City Municipal Court
5024 Broadway Ave.
Haltom City, TX 76117
In order to find out the standard fine for your violation(s), you may call the court at 817-222-7773. Please wait two business days before calling to allow time for processing of the citation. The court is open Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Payments are accepted in the form of cash, check, money order, Mastercard, Visa, or Discover. If you choose to mail remittance of the fine, you must complete the Appearance, Plea and Waiver section on the back of the citation and mail it with the payment. If you have lost your citation, you may complete a plea form and mail it with your payment. This will result in a conviction on your driving record. If you would like to request deferred disposition or defensive driving to keep it off your record, please read the information in that section.
2. If you feel that you are not guilty of the offense as charged, you must appear before the Municipal Court Judge. In order to appear and make your plea of not guilty, you must make a court date in advance either in person or in writing. The back of your citation includes a section that you may sign, date, and mail to the court requesting a court date. Please include a corrected address if necessary. The clerk will mail you a form (the court date will be on the form) to complete and mail back to the court. Please refer to Your Rights in Municipal Court for more information on court appearances.Verbal phone requests for court dates will not be accepted. All requests must be made in person or in writing.
3.You are required to either pay the fine, hire an attorney, request DSC (Drivers Safety Course), request deferred, or request a court date prior to the due date as shown on the citation (21 business days). Please see the quick links for more information on DSC and deferred. Failure to do so or failure to appear once a court date is set will result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and an additional fine being levied for failure to appear.