COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information & Resources
COVID-19 Information & Resources
The following links/information are provided as a resource for education & information about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
These sites are continually updated as new information is made available.
- CDC resource site
- Confirmed Cases in United States (CDC)
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Tarrant County Public Health
- Tarrant County Commissioner's Court
- World Health Organization
- National Institute of Health
- Johns Hopkins University - tracking current COVID-19
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - effective products available
- Small Business Administration (SBA) assistance programs
- Foreclosure, Housing & Eviction Assistance
Tarrant County Resources & Hotlines
This information is sourced from the Tarrant County COVIDS-19 Information page on their website. Any updates or changes to this list of resources will appear first on their website.
- Tarrant County Rental Assistance Program - If you have a COVID related loss of income that keeps you from paying your rent, and you live in greater Tarrant County outside of the Fort Worth city limits, there is rental assistance available.
- Cook Children's Covid-19 information - Resource for parents.
- Tarrant County MHMR - For those dealing with mental issues during the COVID-19 pandemic, call the MHMR (My Health My Resources) ICare call center at 817-335-3022. For the hearing impaired use the TTY_TDD numbers at 817-569-4488. (posted March 20, 2020)
- JPS Health Network Coronavirus Helpline: 817-920-7000 (posted March 20, 2020)
- 2-1-1 Texas - For those in need of Community Resources call 211(posted March 21, 2020)
- Tarrant County Homeless Coalition - If you are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of homelessness call 817-996-8800 or click this link to fill out this online helpline form. (posted March 23, 2020)
- Texas Health Resources - COVID-19 Consumer Hotline 682-236-7601. Call the Texas Health Coronavirus Hotline 24 hours a day to speak with a nurse. (posted March 20, 2020)
Safety, Precautions & Prevention
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.