May 2, 2020 Election - Filing Period
- City Hall - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7749
- download Candidate's Packet (PDF format):
In accordance with State law, the City Secretary's Office will accept applications from qualified persons interested in running for City Council during the "filing period". State law identifies the filing period as:
- First day to file for place on ballot - January 15, 2020
- Last day to file for place on ballot - February 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to file a declaration of write-in candidacy - February 18, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
During the "filing period", qualified persons may file as a candidate between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the City Secretary’s Office at City Hall, 5024 Broadway Avenue, Haltom City, TX 76117. A link to the PDF Candidate's Packet is provided above.
To be qualified to serve on the City Council, each Council member shall:
- Be a citizen of the United State of America;
- Be a qualified voter of the city (which in this Charter shall mean a person who is registered to vote in the State of Texas, whose registration is effective in the City of Haltom City);
- Have resided in the city for at least 12 months prior to the date of the election;
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- Not have been declared mentally incompetent by the final judgement of a court;
- Abide by the nepotism law (Chapter 573, Texas Government code), and as provided in Section 10.02 of the Charter; and
- Not be disqualified by reason of any other provision of law.
For additional information about City elections, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 817-222-7749.
A list of candidates who have filed for the May 2, 2020 Haltom City General Election:
- Place 3
- Linda "Lin" Thompson
- Place 4
- Place 5
- Susan Soule
- Place 6