For Ages 6-12
First Saturday of Each Month | 9 - 10:00 a.m.
Haltom City Public Library | 4809 Haltom Rd. Haltom City, TX 76117
The first Saturday of each month, from 9 - 10:00 a.m., we explore different scientific concepts at the Haltom City Public Library. There are hands-on activities appropriate for ages 6 – 12. It’s free and there is no registration required. The topic on September 1, 2018 will be Bee Bots!
The schedule for 2018 is listed below:
- October - Test Tube Adventures
- November - Macromania
- December - Sound Factory
The Haltom City Public Library now offers access to ReferenceUSA, the premier source of information for business and consumer reference and research. All you need is a Haltom City Library card. ReferenceUSA includes:
- U.S. Businesses – Data for more than 45 million businesses includes company name, location (address and geo-location coordinates), industries, size (sales volume and number of employees), year established, names of owners and executives, and more
- U.S. Historical Businesses – Historical data for over 198 million business back to 2003
- U.S. Jobs / Internships – Custom search for over 2.5 million job postings
- U.S. New Businesses – 50,000 new businesses are added each week
- U.S. Healthcare – Search for more than 1.2 million doctors and dentists
- U.S. Standard White Pages – Search for over 150 million residents
- U.S. Consumers / Lifestyles – Search over 271 million individuals for market research and to find friends and relatives
- U.S New Movers / Homeowners – Over 300,000 movers and over 100,000 new homeowners are added each week
The winning entries of the 2016 Haltom City Public Library's Writing Contest can be downloaded here in PDF format.
The Haltom City Public Library hosts a series of Story Times throughout the week. Activities can include bubbles, songs, stories, a craft, a movie, parachute play or other surprises.
The Library is located at 4809 Haltom Rd. For more information call the Library at 817-222-7786.
All story times are 10:30 – 11:15 a.m.
Pre-School Story Time - Thursdays
Appropriate for ages 3 and older; puppet show on the first Thursday of each month.
Toddler Time - Fridays
Appropriate for ages 2 and younger.
Bi-lingual Story Time - Wednesdays
Appropriate for ages infant – age 5; bilingual stories in English & Spanish.
The Library also hosts special story times throughout the year, including during the annual Summer Reading Program in June and July.