We are pleased to announce that the Haltom City Public Library is now a member of MetroShare Libraries, a new north Texas library consortium. The MetroShare libraries include: Burleson Public Library, Benbrook Public Library, Forest Hill Public Library, Haltom City Public Library, Keller Public Library, Richland Hills Public Library and Watauga Public Library.
The MetroShare consortium has launched a new online catalog that will provide a more user-friendly experience and an improved integration of digital titles
Fequently Asked Questions
- Can I still use Fort Worth libraries?
- Yes! Haltom City residents can still utilize Fort Worth libraries with a TexShare card. A TexShare card is issued to Haltom City residents who possess a library card in good standing. Please contact the library at 817-222-7786 for more information.
- Does this mean that there will be fewer items for me to choose from?
- While there will be less total items in the catalog, Fort Worth items checked out by Haltom City cardholders was only a small percentage of the total circulation for the past 2 years. Additionally, we offer an interlibrary loan service connecting us to libraries nationwide. If you want an item not owned by a MetroShare library, we can request it for you and have it sent to us at no charge.
- Why are you making these changes?
- This new consortium gives the MetroShare Libraries the ability to choose their own library software and transition to a catalog that provides more customization and a better user experience. It will also provide opportunities for collaboration in other areas, such as programming, collection development and grant seeking. Finally, this new partnership provides a framework to recruit other area libraries to join MetroShare in the future and grow our community of libraries.