Library's Limited Reopening - Updated 7/2
- Haltom City Public Library - 4809 Haltom Rd. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7786
It should be understood this is still a fluid situation and all dates, restrictions or limitations may change at any time.
The Library will be open at a reduced schedule, noted below, to allow for cleaning:
- Monday through Thursday
- 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Services and precautions that will be taken by the library are outlined as follows:
- Library visitors will be limited to 50% of the listed occupancy for the public space at any given time.
- Patrons must wear a mask, at all times, when visiting the library and maintain safe social distancing from staff and other patrons.
- The drive thru window & book drop will be open and its use is strongly encouraged.
- Library employees will be screened before work, consistent with City policy.
- Library employees will wash and sanitize hands several times each day and especially between interactions with visitors.
- Library employees will maintain 6 feet separation from others.
- Library employees must wear a mask, at all times when interacting with the public.
- Returned materials will be held for 72 hours before they are checked in by staff and made available for circulation.
- Public computers will be available by appointment only. Please find instructions below for computer use.
- Public seating will be open while maintaining social distancing.
- Study rooms will be open. Limit of 2 hours. Limit of 2 people at a time.
- Copying service resumes; this is self-service; coin op. accepts change (no pennies) and $1.00 and $5.00 bills. No change will be made. Limited help available while maintaining social distancing.
- Notary service resumes by appointment only. Call 817-222-7786 to make an appointment. Payment only by credit card. Social distancing maintained.
- Faxing service resumes; this is self-serve. Payment only by credit card.
- Proctoring service resumes by appointment only. Please call 817-222-7786 to make an appointment. Social distancing will be maintained.
- Library is currently not accepting donations of books, magazines, etc.
The following services are unavailable at this time:
- Meeting rooms
- Java Joe’s Coffee
- Tinker Tuesday and Imagination Station will be closed and toys will be unavailable
- No programming will be held in the library. Please visit Library’s website and Facebook page for virtual programming.
Instructions for Computer Usage
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced.
- Staff will be unable to assist at this time due to social distancing.
- Appointment required.
- Limit of 1 appointment per day. May make an appointment 1 day in advance.
- Limit of 1 hour per day. If late for reserved time that time is forfeited. So, should one arrive 15 minutes late then there will be only 45 minutes of computer time left.
- User’s computer automatically shuts down. Schedule will not allow for extra time.
- Limit of 1 person per computer. Appointments will be spaced to allow for cleaning between each use.
- Print station accepts only cash ($5.00, $1.00 or change; no pennies); no change will be made by staff. Credit cards & checks not accepted. No refund for printing so please check carefully in order to print. Copying service resumes; this is self-service; coin op. accepts change (no pennies) and $1.00 and $5.00 bills. No change will be made. Limited help available while maintaining social distancing.
Call 817-222-7785 to make an appointment.
If user cannot make their scheduled appointment, please call to cancel and free up your spot for someone else.