- June 1 - August 1, 2020
- sign up online:
Summer Reading Challenges Have Gone Online! Children, teens & adults are all invited to read and earn prizes this summer. You will log every day that you read this summer on Beanstack. We do not care if you read the newspaper, a magazine, a picture book to your children, a cereal box or listen to a book in your car. As long as you have read something during the course of the day, that day will count!
Summer Reading starts June 1 & ends August 1, 2020.
- On your computer/smart phone/tablet: open your app store and download the Beanstack Tracker by Zoobean, Inc. Click on “Find Your School or Library” and type in Haltom City Public Library.
- If you already have an account, sign in. If you participated last year but forgot your username or password, you must click on “sign in” before you can recover your login information. If this is your first summer participating online, click on register and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Return to the website or the app to log the days that you have read. Beanstack will let you know when you’ve earned a prize!
- Haltom City Public Library - 4809 Haltom Rd. | Haltom City, TX 76117
It should be understood this is still a fluid situation and all dates, restrictions or limitations may change at any time.
The Library will be open at a reduced schedule, noted below, to allow for cleaning:
- Monday through Thursday
- 10:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Services and precautions that will be taken by the library are outlined as follows:
- The Library will be open for checking out materials only.
- Library visitors will be limited to 25% of the listed occupancy for the public space at any given time.
- The drive thru window will be open and its use is strongly encouraged.
- Public computers will not be available at this time.
- Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear masks when visiting the library and maintain safe social distancing from staff and other patrons.
- Public seating will be closed.
- Tinker Tuesday and Imagination Station will be closed and toys will be unavailable.
- No programming will be held in the library.
- Study rooms and meeting rooms will be unavailable.
- Library employees will be screened before work, consistent with City policy.
- Library employees will wash and sanitize hands several times each day and especially between interactions with visitors.
- Library employees will maintain 6 feet separation from others.
- Library employees will wear masks when interacting with the public.
- Returned materials will be held for 72 hours before they are checked in by staff and made available for circulation.