Haltom City residents and business owners qualify for a free library card when they show a photo ID and a proof of residency, such as a valid driver's license, DPS identification card, voter registration card, lease agreement, utility bill, or other identifying document showing a current address. Business owners must show proof of ownership. Cards for children ages 0-17 years require a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature in person. For more information, please phone the Circulation Desk at 817-222-7785.
*Please note, to determine if you are a City of Haltom City resident, conduct a simple property data search through the Tarrant Appraisal District. Haltom City residents will have HALTOM CITY listed as the city/taxing jurisdiction.
- The application for a new library card can be filed in person or by email. If you would like to sign up for a library card or renew an expired card online, please e-mail . You may also find a copy of the application below that can be downloaded, printed, filled out and taken into the library.
- Non-residents living in one of the MetroShare cities may use their own city’s library card in Haltom City as well.
- People living outside of Haltom City or MetroShare cities may obtain a TexShare card from their home library. The TexShare Library Card program is a reciprocal borrowing card with participating libraries in Texas. Haltom City residents may obtain a TexShare card at the HC Public Library to use TexShare libraries, including Fort Worth.
- People living outside of Haltom City or the other MetroShare cities may apply for non-resident card (no charge at this time) by also presenting a valid ID and proof of residency.
- TexShare cards and non-resident cards may not be honored at MetroShare libraries.