Garage Sale Permits
- Garage sale permits are issued out of the Permitting Office at City hall
- Monday - Friday
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- City Hall - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7730
- garage sale permit application:
- Weekend's Garage Sales
Garage sale permits are issued based on regulations as defined in Ordinance O-2019-028-01. Permits must be obtained at City Hall, in the Planning & Permitting Department during business hours. Proof of residency...such as a driver's license, passport, State issued identification card or water bill, is required. Proof of residency must be of the address where the garage sale is taking place.
Each week's garage sale listing are available for download here.
- Sale of merchandise shall be restricted to permitted premises only.
- No new merchandise acquired for resale shall be permitted.
- Duration of each sale shall not exceed 3 consecutive calendar days.
- No person shall hold or receive a permit for the same address more than 4 times per calendar year (January 1 through December 31.
- The permit fee is $7
- The sign issued by the City shall only be placed on the front door of the dwelling at which the sale is to be conducted.
- Signs made by citizens advertising garage sales shall be in compliance with the requirements of Chapter 82 of this Code with these restrictions:
- Signs may only be posted on residential-zoned properties and only with the permission of the property owner.
- Signs shall not exceed 2 ½ square feet in sign area and shall not exceed2 ½ feet in height and shall not be illuminated.
- Signs may be posted only while the garage sale is open for business.
- Signs shall be posted not less than 5 feet, nor more than 15 feet, from the curb or roadway pavement, whichever exists.
- Signs shall not be posted on utility pole, traffic signal, or sign pole, or any public right-of-way.
Rain Check Policy
- Garage sales must have been cancelled as a result of rain or bad weather or other acts of God (Section 62 subsection 62-134(4).
- Garage sales must not have opened at any time.
- Must notify City of the cancellation on the next regular working day.
- Permit fees will not be refunded or the sale can be rescheduled.