Become a Haltom City Firefighter
- test date: February 15, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
- Haltom City Northeast Center - 3201 Friendly Ln. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- register online:
- PDF version of posting:
- Employee Benefits Summary
Firefighter Entrance Exam
Deadline To Register: February 3, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Register for Test: Complete the online Fire Exam Registration form here.
Test Date: Saturday, February 15, 2020 | check-in starts at 8:00 a.m.; test begins at 9:00 a.m.
Testing Location: Haltom City Civic Center - 3201 Friendly Ln. | Haltom City, Texas 76117
Salary: $60,409 (annualized; $20.689/hr working 2920 hours/yr)
Benefits: Work 48/96 schedule; 100% employee paid medical, dental & vision
- A valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Minimum age of applicant is 19 years old.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Basic Firefighter with Paramedic certification or be enrolled in a Paramedic course.
- Candidate must be within 3 months of being eligible to test for Paramedic certification with the State of Texas or National Registry.
- Selected candidate must have Paramedic certification within 6 months of hire.
- Must be certified as a Firefighter by the Texas Commission of Fire Protection.
- A physical agility test will be conducted on the same day and at the same location as the written exam. The physical agility test will begin immediately following the written test for applicants who pass the written exam.
- Visual acuity must be at least 20/200 uncorrected (both eyes) and 20/30 corrected (both eyes); color vision deficiency may be a dis-qualifier.
- *Failure of Ishihara color test may be defaulted to a “field test.”
- Hearing loss not greater than:
- 20 DB at 500 cps
- 30 DB at 1000cps
- 50 DB at 2000 cps
- 65 DB at 4000 cps
The City of Haltom City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, genetic information, veteran status or disability in employment or the provision of services.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER