August 20, 2019 Fire Services Board Minutes
- Tuesday, Aug 20 2019
- 6:00 p.m.
- Central Fire Station (Station 1) - 5525 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- PDF version:
- You may also be interested in: Haltom City Fire/Rescue Department
CITY OF HALTOM CITY
FIRE SERVICES BOARD
August 20, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
Chairperson Suzanne Norris called the meeting to order at 6:04 p.m.
INVOCATION ROLL CALL
PRESENT: Norris, Davenport, McConnell, Coffman,
Stokes, Dunbar, Porter
STAFF: Chief Jacobs and Amy West
CONSIDERATION AND/OR ACTION REGARDING APPROVAL OF MINUTES JULY 16, 2019 - It was moved by Dunbar seconded by Porter to approve the minutes of July 16, 2019. The motion prevailed unanimously.
- Fire/Police Camp Review – Camp went great! May change a few things regarding registration period, resident requirements and the schedule for next year. Elizabeth will organize the kitchen menu, since she did such an awesome job this year! Chief Napp stated Fire Marshal Damian Vogle will be heading up Camp next year. Communication about meal and break times was discussed and several options, for next year, will be considered.
- Employee Health Fair - Thursday, September 12th from 10-1at the Civic Center. We will need two people to pop popcorn. Please be there around 8:30 for set up. 9-11Memorial Service will be held at the Veteran’s Memorial on Haltom Road.
- Open House - Saturday, October 5th from 10:00 to 1:00. Staff will go ahead and order NFPA posters to take to the elementary schools. Staff will also speak to our contact person at State Fair about corn dogs.
- By-laws Review - The Board reviewed the current Ordinance establishing the Fire Services Board in 1999. There is a need for some updates. A copy of the ordinance with the revisions to be considered will be sent to all Board members and further discussion will be held at the September meeting.
- OLD BUSINESS BUDGET UPDATE
- Chief Napp discussed the Boards budget for 2019/2020 budget year. The Board will have a line item, with a beginning balance of $5,000, earmarked for the Annual Awards Banquet. There will also be a line item “Community Involvement” with a beginning balance of $1,500. Chief Jacobs was able to adjust the current budget leaving the Board with a $1,225 balance, until the end of this fiscal year. A donation was made through the Haltom City Youth Baseball in the amount of $128.00, these funds are designated for Benevolence, so the funds will be used for that purpose only. The Board’s Donation Account (21) balance will roll over at the end of each budget year. Funds from fundraising will be placed in the Donation account.
- Volunteer Hours - All present log Volunteer hours for the meeting. Amy asked that all members count their volunteer hours and submit them to her as soon as they can.
ADJOURN – It was moved by Davenport and seconded by McConnell to adjourn the meeting at 7:34 p.m.