HCFD - Gas Leak
- 4:00 p.m.
- Haltom Rd. & Vicki St.
At approximately 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 the Haltom City Fire Department was dispatched to the intersection of Haltom Rd. and Vicki St. for a reported gas leak. When the fire department arrived it was discovered that a 1 inch gas main was struck by a contractor, causing the leak. Atmos Energy was notified and the fire department began monitoring the situation. A strong south wind is aiding in dispersing the gas.
At 8:15 p.m., Atmos Energy stated they should have the leak stopped by 8:45 p.m. and repairs completed by 10:15 p.m. While the repairs were being made, three homes near the scene will be without gas service.
Both the HCFD and Atmos Energy are monitoring gas levels in the vicinity of the leak.
Tags: Haltom City Fire/Rescue