Make a positive difference in the community. If you are committed to being part of a dedicated and professional organization, apply for a career in law enforcement with the Haltom City Police Department. Take an active role in addressing community issues, solve problems, and help address quality of life issues in Haltom City. Start by filling out the:
The minimum qualifications required to test for the position of Police Officer are:
- United States citizen
- Must be 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Has passed a general educational development (GED) test indicating high school graduation level or is a high school graduate
- Must not have committed a "Class A" misdemeanor or "Felony"
- No “Class B” misdemeanor convictions within last 10 years
- Not on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of class C misdemeanor;
- No pending litigation, criminal or civil
- Vision: No worse than 20/100 in either eye, correctable to 20/20 in both eyes
- No pending traffic citations or court cases
- Must not have been convicted of three (3) or more hazardous traffic violations or three (3) accidents in the last thirty-six (36) months. (Does not include “Deferred Adjudication” or “Driver’s Safety Course”)
- A general capacity to perform tasks required of peace officers, including (but not limited to) capability of unassisted (except be mechanical or stationary self-contained objects) performance of physical agility tasks reflective of peace officer duties. These will include capacity to run, jump, turn, pivot, stoop, climb, and execute similar movements; push, lift, and otherwise handle objects and persons weighing up to180 pounds, and subdue resisting individuals by exercise of physical force so as to take into custody and transport them against their will. Such tasks shall be capable of being performed with reasonable accommodation, if necessary.
- Has not been discharged from any military service under less than honorable conditions including, specifically;
- under other than honorable conditions;
- bad conduct;
- dishonorable; or
- any other characterization of service indicating bad character;
- Be of good character and have a stable school/work/driving record
If you have any questions about applying for a position with the Haltom City Police Department please call Detective Spillane at 817-222-7029.