CITY OF HALTOM CITY  5024 Broadway Ave. Haltom City, Texas 76117 817-222-7700

Haltom City

Planning & Community Development

Code Enforcement Division

    5024 Broadway Ave. Haltom City, TX 76117


  • Monday - Friday
    8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
  • Saturday & Sunday


Haltom City Code Enforcement operates under the direction of the Department of Planning & Community Development.

Code Enforcement is the inspection, improvement, and rehabilitation of public and private premises by determining the presence of fire or health hazards, nuisance violations, unsafe building conditions, and violations of any fire, health or building regulation, state statute, or city ordinance.


Due to the weather event on Thursday, March 2, 2023, Haltom City Code Enforcement and Planning and Inspections Department understands it will take time for those residents affected to make the necessary repairs to their property, including clean up from the storm damage.

Haltom City will waive permits for repairs to existing fences for the next thirty (30) days. If there are any structural repairs, roofing, or other damages caused by the storm, contact Haltom City Planning and Inspections Department at 817-222-7730 to see if a permit is necessary for your repair BEFORE you start work on the project. Haltom City Inspections Department wants to ensure all repairs are done safely and are completed by licensed professionals.

Reminders from Code Enforcement

Keeping properties in compliance improves quality of life, increases property values and deters crime. The Haltom City Code Enforcement Division asks residential and commercial property owners to be mindful of these common code violations:

For more information contact the Haltom City Code Enforcement Division.

High Grass/Weeds
High grass/weeds are not to exceed 10 inches (vertical or horizontal) ANYWHERE on the property and must be maintained to the back of the curb. Where there is no curb, grass must be maintained to the edge of the street. This includes areas behind fences, over sidewalks, around utility poles, fire hydrants, flower beds, fence lines and against accessory structures. Properties more than 2 acres in size will be required to maintain the first 50 feet of each property line until the center portion reaches the state fire code limit of 36 inches, at which time it must be mowed. Overhanging tree limbs and vegetation impeding pedestrian or vehicle traffic visibility should be trimmed to 13 feet, 6 inches above streets and 8 feet above sidewalks. Limbs should be bundled & tied in 3 feet lengths for waste disposaland placed at curb. It is recommended to contact waste services to schedule a large bulk pick upd at curb. Ten day warning notices will be issued prior to city enforcement but habitual offenseswillmayreceive Notices of Violation filed with the Haltom City Municipal Court. Sec 42.57 & 86.111
Parking on unapproved surface
Parking on unapproved surface such as front lawn, over sidewalks or curbs is prohibited. Sec 31.I
Parking of unlicensed vehicles
In all residential zoning districts, automotive vehicles ortrailersof any kind or type without current license plates (registration) shall not be parked or stored on any property unless theyare completely screened up to eight feet in height with an approved screening device (not to include a tarp or car cover). Sec 31.L
Parking of recreational vehicles
Parking of recreational vehicles in the public street Prohibited in a public streetbeyond 24 hours for loading or unloading. Storage on the property should be in compliance with approved surface regulations, currently licensed and should not encroach a public right of way. Such vehicles may not be used for living quarters in any zoning district and thus should not be continuously connected to utilities. Such vehicles include boats, trailers & boat trailers, tent trailers, horse trailers, utility trailers, campers, personal watercraft, and motorized coaches or pick-up campers. Sec 31.
Permits are required for most minor repairs and remodel work including replacement of windows, siding, trim or roofing. It is always advisable to contact the permit office at 817-222-7730 to ask if permits are required before starting any home projector to schedule aFREEonsite Consultation for your project.Permits are also required forsomelandscape irrigation systemsand foundation repairs.
Trash, Rubbish, Debris
It shall be unlawful for any person owning, leasing, occupying, or having control of any real property, occupied or unoccupied, improved or unimproved, to allow: Refuse, rubbish, junk, litter, trash, debris (vegetation, building or other), garbage, discarded items, carrion, filth, animal or human feces, or any other unsightly or unsanitary matter to accumulate or remain upon such premises, including along the sidewalk or street adjacent to the premises, between the property line and the curb or, if there is no curb, between the property line and the street. Sec 42 and Sec 29.H
Articles in the Street
It shall be unlawful for any person to park or store any houseboat, house trailer, boat, structure, building, box, or any other object, on any public street, alley or thoroughfare, or upon any public right-of-way, in the city. Sec 86.1


Code Enforcement

City Hall sign

Report a Possible Code Violation

Code violations detract from our community in a number of ways, including decreased property values, health hazards and increased crime. Any reporting of a code violation will be kept confidential.

Please read the information below to ensure you follow the correct procedure for reporting code violations.

A map is provided below so you know which Code Enforcement Officer is responsible for each district. Please note the correct officer in case you would like to contact them in the future regarding your complaint.

  • Choose a violation category (Ex.: Nuisance)
  • Choose a sub – category (ex: High Grass)
  • Completing steps 1 & 2 will prompt the screen for the violation address location. Citizens should select the address using the GIS globe map inside the form's app or type in the physical address...then click “Save Attached Locations”. You must select a physical location for the violation.
    • PLEASE NOTE: You may leave comments regarding your complaint within this step only. Please indicate in your comments if you are requesting a courtesy call regarding the status of your complaint. Images attached to complaints will become a permanent record of the case and could be used during court proceedings. Therefore, you are reminded you could be called as a witness for providing your photos.
  • Complete your contact information including name, email and phone. All complaints remain confidential even though you are required to provide contact information.

Submit Online

Suspected code violations can be submitted online by filling out the form linked above.

Report an Environmental Concern

submissions are handled by the Haltom City Public Works Environmental Services Division
  • 5024 Broadway Ave.
  • Haltom City, Texas 76117
  • 817-222-7700