- City Hall - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7773
- Motion for Deferred Disposition:
- Options for Disposition
Deferred disposition is not a right but rather discretionary by the Judge of the court. If deferred disposition is granted, it is a period of 90 days from the date of payment. You cannot receive another moving violation within the State of Texas during the 90 day period. If deferred disposition is successfully completed, the violation will not be reported on your driving record.
You must follow the instructions exactly as outlined below in order to receive deferred:
1.You cannot receive deferred disposition by mail/fax if you were charged with any of the violations listed below. You must appear in person before the Judge to request deferred for these violations:
- Speeding in excess of 25 mph over the posted speed limit.
- Speeding in a school zone 15 mph over the posted speed limit
- Any violation that occurred in a construction zone
- Assault – family violence
- Failure to stop for school bus
- Any violation involving an accident resulting in damage to a vehicle, striking a fixture, landscape, or unattended vehicle.
- No driver's license
- No insurance
2. You cannot receive deferred disposition if you had a Commercial Driver’s License on the date of the violation.
3. If you are under the age of 25 at this time, you must appear in person to request deferred disposition. State law requires different procedures in such a case.
4. You must fax/mail the request with payment on or before your appearance date. Any requests received after that date will be denied and set for a court date before the Judge.
5. The completed Motion for Deferred Disposition form must be enclosed with a check, money order, or a credit card payment form for the full amount due prior to the due date on your citation (21 business days). Mail the full payment, a completed deferred disposition form for each offense, and if paying by credit card, a completed credit card payment form to (if paying credit card you may fax both forms):
Haltom City Municipal Court
5024 Broadway Ave.
Haltom City, TX 76117
6.Make sure you include your name, complete address, and citation number. You must sign the Motion for Deferred Form and circle a plea of Nolo Contendre or Guilty. A separate form must be completed for each violation.
You must contact the Municipal Court to find out your fine (bond amount). You must add $25 to the fine(bond amount) that you are given for each violation that you are requesting deferred disposition on.
Deferred will not be granted if the correct amount is not paid or if you are ineligible according to the rules outlined above.
Haltom City Municipal Court
Phone: 817 222-7773
Fax: 817 222-7727