RT @NWSFortWorth: Here's your weekly outlook! Toasty high temps around 90 degree are expected this weekend. A cold front will bring a quick…
Response to Employee Testing Positive for COVID-19
- City Hall Closed until further notice
Office of the City Manager
June 25, 2020
Haltom City has learned that one of our employees tested positive for COVID-19. Below is our response to this situation.
- City Hall has been closed to citizens and visitors until further notice.
- The Fire Department, today, will be spraying the appropriate disinfectant throughout the interior of City Hall.
- All those who came in proximity with this employee will be tested for COVID-19 and will be monitored.
- All other employees within City Hall or who have visited City Hall in the last week or so have been told they can contact our Human Resources Department and be scheduled for testing if they so desire. We understand there are those who are more at risk or may have someone at home who is more at risk.
- Once test results are processed and evaluated a decision on the timetable for the re-opening of City Hall will be made.
The infected employee is presently exhibiting only mild symptoms, and we are praying for a quick recovery. Previously, an employee from another department tested positive for COVID-19. Forty co-workers were tested following his positive test, with none coming back positive. We pray for a similar outcome with this situation.
City Manager - Haltom City