2020 Fine Arts Scholarship
- DEADLINE TO MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2020
- Information: 817-822-7922
The 4th annual Haltom City Fine Arts Student Scholarship is now accepting applications from 2020 graduating BISD Haltom City senior students. The deadline to submit your application has been extended to April 6, 2020.
Haltom City wants to assist graduating seniors in reaching their higher education goals as we recognize the importance of art and education to the vitality of our community. The scholarship will reward students who have already proven their commitment to citizenship, service and the fine arts.
Three $750 scholarships will be awarded to Haltom High School and/or Shannon High School fine arts graduating seniors that reside in Haltom City. Scholarship recipients will be determined by the City of Haltom City based upon completion of the designated application and in-person interview. Funds will be made payable to the institution after the student has enrolled and may be used for tuition, books, fees or on-site room and board. The City of Haltom City reserves the right to revoke any scholarship award at any time if a recipient is ruled to be ineligible or if the recipient fails to enroll in school within 12 months of award selection, or for other reasons as deemed appropriate by the city.
Rules & Regulations
To be eligible, the recipient must demonstrate that he/she is a graduating senior with a GPA of 3.25 or higher (unless extenuating circumstances exist...warranting further consideration by the City of Haltom City for a student with a lower GPA) and:
- is the student residing in Haltom City and whose school is Haltom High School or Shannon High School
- is a United States citizen
- completed at least two semesters in a BISD fine arts program
- plans to use the funds to attend an accredited community or four-year college or university
- has fully completed the designated application form and submitted it by the stated deadline
- has submitted the required essay and had the counselor submit the transcript by the stated deadline
The City of Haltom City will determine the best-qualified applicant from this area as demonstrated by:
- Fine Arts student Leadership/school and community involvement (i.e., church activities, volunteer work, extracurricular school activities)
- interview of top candidates
- Financial need
- Community, civic and volunteer service, work experience and attendance are emphasized in consideration of these scholarships
- Applications must be complete in order to be considered
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact Haltom City's Community Relations at 817-822-7922.
Please mail a sealed copy of your transcript to:
Haltom City Recreation Center
Attention: Community Relations Coordinator
4839 Broadway Ave.
Haltom City, TX 76117