- Saturday, Aug 15 2020
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Wiley G. Thomas Coliseum - 6108 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- register online:
While school looks very different at the moment, that doesn’t change the fact that our families rely of Refresh BISD to support them in the new school year. Refresh is still here for you and online registration is now under way. Visit www.RefreshBISD.com to learn more and register your elementary, middle and high school students. That’s right, they are including high school students this year!
Refresh BISD will be on Saturday, August 15, 2020 at the Wiley G. Coliseum and you must be registered to receive a backpack and school supplies.
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration restricts dining inside restaurants
- PDF file of restaurants offering drive-thru, take-out or delivery:
- Download PDF File
- Declaration of Emergency (2nd Amendment) - March 22, 2020
Due to COVID-19, restaurants have had to close their dining rooms, but that has not stopped many of our local favorites to offer take-out, delivery and drive-thru service. Here is a list of the Haltom City restaurants currently offering these options to customers.
The list, available for download above and embedded below, will be updated as we receive new information from our restaurants.
- Postponed due to COVID-19
- Deadline: TBD
- Haltom City Public Library - 4809 Haltom Rd. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- download entry form:
- Download PDF File
The 32nd annual Images of Haltom City Photo Contest has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting closure of city facilities. When a new date for the entry deadline and for photo judging is set we will post that information here and on our social media accounts. Continue to take amazing photos in the meantime, while adhering to the city mandates and practicing social distancing.
The annual Images of Haltom City Photo Contest is open to everyone...Haltom City residents, non-residents, city staff, professionals, amateurs and people of all ages. All photo entries will be considered to appear in the 2021 Haltom City Community Calendar. An entry form and a list of guidelines can be downloaded at the link above. Please ensure your entries follow the rules as listed on the entry form.
“Best of Show”, chosen from the four Haltom City categories (see below), will win $300. Each winner of the four Haltom City categories will wins $50. Cash prizes are only awarded in the Haltom City categories.
Entries will be judged and contest winners will be announced at a date to be determined here on the city website. All entries will be displayed at the Haltom City Public Library. Judges are skilled and knowledgeable in the field of photography and use creativity, technique & imagination as criteria.
- Haltom City Scenes: nature/landscapes, architecture, etc.
- Haltom City People: city events, people at work, portraits, etc
- Haltom City Animals
- Haltom City Sports: photos of sports, sporting events, coaches, anything sports related
On the Road
- On the Road: Landscapes
- On the Road: Architecture
- On the Road: Nature/Wildlife
- On the Road: Nighttime/Long Exposure
- On the Road: Portraits
Please be sure to specify the proper category for each submission.
- DEADLINE TO MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2020
The 4th annual Haltom City Fine Arts Student Scholarship is now accepting applications from 2020 graduating BISD Haltom City senior students. The deadline to submit your application has been extended to April 6, 2020.
Haltom City wants to assist graduating seniors in reaching their higher education goals as we recognize the importance of art and education to the vitality of our community. The scholarship will reward students who have already proven their commitment to citizenship, service and the fine arts.
Three $750 scholarships will be awarded to Haltom High School and/or Shannon High School fine arts graduating seniors that reside in Haltom City. Scholarship recipients will be determined by the City of Haltom City based upon completion of the designated application and in-person interview. Funds will be made payable to the institution after the student has enrolled and may be used for tuition, books, fees or on-site room and board. The City of Haltom City reserves the right to revoke any scholarship award at any time if a recipient is ruled to be ineligible or if the recipient fails to enroll in school within 12 months of award selection, or for other reasons as deemed appropriate by the city.
Rules & Regulations
To be eligible, the recipient must demonstrate that he/she is a graduating senior with a GPA of 3.25 or higher (unless extenuating circumstances exist...warranting further consideration by the City of Haltom City for a student with a lower GPA) and:
- is the student residing in Haltom City and whose school is Haltom High School or Shannon High School
- is a United States citizen
- completed at least two semesters in a BISD fine arts program
- plans to use the funds to attend an accredited community or four-year college or university
- has fully completed the designated application form and submitted it by the stated deadline
- has submitted the required essay and had the counselor submit the transcript by the stated deadline
The City of Haltom City will determine the best-qualified applicant from this area as demonstrated by:
- Fine Arts student Leadership/school and community involvement (i.e., church activities, volunteer work, extracurricular school activities)
- interview of top candidates
- Financial need
- Community, civic and volunteer service, work experience and attendance are emphasized in consideration of these scholarships
- Applications must be complete in order to be considered
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact Haltom City's Community Relations at 817-822-7922.
Please mail a sealed copy of your transcript to:
Haltom City Recreation Center
Attention: Community Relations Coordinator
4839 Broadway Ave.
Haltom City, TX 76117
- Published bi-monthly out of the office of Haltom City Community relations
- February/March 2020
- download newsletter below:
- Download PDF File
- Haltom City Community Relations
The February/March 2020 Haltom City Crossroads Newsletter is available for download by clicking the link above.
Haltom City has decided to postpone CARFEST, scheduled for April 4, 2020, due to the recommendations from the Tarrant County Public Health Department and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) limiting large crowded events due to the threat of COVID-19. We are very disappointed and not yet sure when the new date will be at this point. We will communicate here as soon as that decision is made and we appreciate your support and understanding.
Stay up to date on our CARFEST Facebook page as well as here.