Future Elections Notice
The City of Haltom City will hold a General Election on Saturday, May 1, 2021 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. to elect the Mayor and Places 1, 2, and 7 to the City Council. The Election Day polling place is the Haltom City Recreation Center at 4839 Broadway Avenue, Haltom City, Texas 76117; however, voters can vote at any Tarrant County polling location.
Early voting for the May 1, 2021 General Election will be Monday, April 19, 2021 through Tuesday, April 27, 2021. The primary early voting location in Haltom City is the Recreation Center; however, voters can vote at any Tarrant County polling location.
The filing period for the May 1, 2021 General Election is 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, January 13, 2021 through 5:00 p.m. Friday, February 12, 2021.
City of Haltom City Charter, Sec. 2.03. - Qualifications.
Sec. 3.02. - Qualifications for City Council
To be qualified to serve on the City Council, each of the seven (7) Council members and the Mayor shall:
- Be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Be a qualified voter of the city (which in this charter shall mean a person who is registered to vote in the State of Texas, whose registration is effective in the City of Haltom City).
- Have resided in the city for at least 12 months prior to the date of the election.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election.
- Not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Not have been declared mentally incompetent by the final judgment of a court.
- Abide by the nepotism law (Chapter 573, Texas Government Code), and as provided in Section 10.02 of the Charter.
- Not be disqualified by reason of any other provision of law.
A member of the Council who ceases to possess any of the qualifications specified in this section for a period of sixty (60) days following notice from the City Secretary regarding same, or who is convicted of a felony while in office, shall immediately forfeit the office and the City Council shall proceed to fill the vacancy in accordance with Section 3.06 of this Charter.