December 9, 2019 City Council Agenda
- Monday, Dec 9 2019
- Work Session - 6:00 p.m. | Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
- City Hall (Council Chambers) - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7749
- PDF version:
- Haltom City - City Secretary's Office | Haltom City - City Council
December 9, 2019
Council Chambers – Work Session – 6:00 P.M./Regular Session – 7:00 P.M. WORK SESSION 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER (General Comments)
This time is for any person addressing the Council on an item that is not scheduled on the agenda to speak or address a listed agenda item. Please submit a completed Speaker’s Request Form to the City Secretary and follow the instructions listed on the form. Council cannot discuss, debate, or take formal action on any non‐agenda issue brought forth, as it is not a posted agenda item in accordance with the open meetings law
Review and discuss items on the Regular Agenda of December 9, 2019
Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code
As authorized by Section 551.071, the City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to seek legal advice from the City Attorney about any matters listed on the agenda, in addition to the following matters: Consultation with the City Attorney pertaining to any matter in which the duty of the City Attorney under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct may conflict with the Open Meetings Act; including discussion of any item posted on the Agenda; to seek legal advice on open meetings, open records, code of ethics and conflicts of interest, city charter limitations, and pending litigation and settlement offers for the following cases:
Flynn v. Haltom City EDC
James H. Watson v. City of Haltom City
Joe Williamson v. City of Haltom City
Nicklaus Forrest v. City of Haltom City
Section 551.072 – Deliberations about Real Property - Deliberation regarding the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, and property owned or leased by the City and the EDC, including city buildings, and including George Akers Survey, Abstract 30, Tract 24D.
REGULAR SESSION 7:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Council Member Marian Hilliard
ANNOUNCEMENTS/EVENTS – City Secretary Art Camacho
PROCLAMATIONS: KRVA Radio Saigon - Dallas
Employee Recognition: K-9 Unit – Police Chief Cody Phillips
- Minutes – Consideration and/or action regarding approval of the Minutes of November 25, 2019. (A. Camacho)
- TAD Board of Directors Election – Consideration and/or action regarding the approval of Resolution No. R-2019-029-01 for the 2020-2022 TAD Board of Directors Election. (A. Camacho)
- GO Bonds Ordinance No. O-2019-029-01 – Consideration and approval of an ordinance by the City Council of the City of Haltom City, Texas authorizing the issuance of “City of Haltom City, Texas General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2020” levying and annual ad valorem tax, within the limitations prescribed by law, for the payment of the bonds; prescribing the form, terms, conditions, and resolving other matters incident and related to the issuance, sale, and delivery of the bonds, authorizing the execution of a paying agent/registrar agreement, a purchase and investment letter, and an escrow deposit letter; complying with the letter of representations on file with the depository trust company; authorizing the execution of any necessary engagement agreements with the city’s financial advisor; and providing an effective date – First and only reading. (S. Foust)
- Preliminary Plat (P-022-19) – Conduct a Public Hearing and consider action on the application of Philip Varughese, on behalf of Birdville Independent School District, for the preliminary plat of Abstract 30, Tract 2A07 of the George Akers Survey, creating Lot 1, Block 1, Partner Elementary School Addition, containing approximately 16.149 acres of land, locally known as 6322 Baker Boulevard (Account #03725480 Tarrant Appraisal District), to be known as 3001 Dreeben Drive. (G. Batchelor)
- Final Plat (P-023-19) – Conduct a Public Hearing and consider action on the application of Philip Varughese, on behalf of Birdville Independent School District, for the final plat of Abstract 30, Tract 2A07 of the George Akers Survey, creating Lot 1, Block 1, Partner Elementary School Addition, containing approximately 16.149 acres of land, locally known as 6322 Baker Boulevard (Account #03725480 Tarrant Appraisal District), to be known as 3001 Dreeben Drive. (G. Bachelor
- PW Employee Addition – Consideration and/or action to approve the addition of an Inventory Technician to the Water & Sanitary Sewer Division of Public Works. (T. Beckett)
CITY STAFF REPORTS - Staff Report to Council/citizens from inquiries from Visitor/Citizen Forum.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS - Discussion on items to be placed on future agendas.
BOARDS/COMMISSIONS/COMMITTEES - Resignations of Board/Commissions/Committee Members – Consider approval of the resignations of Board/Commission/Committee Members.
Appointment/Reappointment to Boards/Commissions/Committees – Consider approval regarding appointments to Boards/Commissions/Committees.
EXCUSED ABSENCE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
Attendance Requirements – Consideration regarding excused absences of Council Members according to Article III, Sec. 3.07 (a). Attendance Requirements of the Haltom City Charter.
See Posting on Page One (1) of Agenda.
RECONVENE TO REGULAR SESSION
Take any action deemed necessary as a result of the Executive Session, including award of bid for sale of 1.89 acre tract described as George Akers Survey, Abstract 30, Tract 24D.
I, ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY OF THE CITY OF HALTOM CITY, TEXAS, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AGENDA WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL BULLETIN BOARDS IN CITY HALL ON THIS THE 6th DAY OF DECEMBER 2019, AT 5:00 P.M., WHICH IS A PLACE READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND THAT SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA OF ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED BY ME FROM THE CITY HALL BULLETIN BOARD ON DAY OF , 2019.
This facility is wheelchair accessible. Handicapped parking spaces are available. Request for sign interpretative services must be made 48 hours ahead of meeting. To make arrangements call 817-222-7754.