June 24, 2019 City Council Agenda
- Monday, June 24 2019
- Work Session - 6:00 p.m. | Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
- City Hall (Council Chambers) - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7749
- PDF version:
- Haltom City - City Secretary's Office
HALTOM CITY COUNCIL MEETING
June 24, 2019
Council Chambers – Work Session – 6:00 P.M./Regular Session – 7:00 P.M. WORK SESSION 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER (General Comments)
This time is set‐aside for any person having business before the Council that is not scheduled on the agenda to speak to the Council. Please submit a completed Speaker’s Request Form to the City Secretary and follow the instructions listed on the form. If a group is present and interested in the same issue, please choose a spokesperson. Council cannot discuss or debate any issue brought forth at this time, nor can any formal action be taken, as it is not a posted agenda item in accordance with the open meetings law.
- Discuss TC Homeless Coalition Diverse Outreach Resources – Tammy McGahee
- TxDOT – Presentation on Denton Hwy Medians North of Loop 820
- City Attorney - Presentation on Open Government
- Review and discuss items on the regular agenda of June 24, 2019
Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code
As authorized by Section 551.071, the City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to seek legal advice from the City Attorney about any matters listed on the agenda, in addition to the following matters: Consultation with the City Attorney pertaining to any matter in which the duty of the City Attorney under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct which may conflict with the Open Meetings Act; including discussion of any item posted on the Agenda; to seek legal advice on open meetings, open records, code of ethics and conflicts of interest, city charter limitations, selection process for design/construction of Fire Station 3, BISD land use agreement, Board and Commission appointments, and pending litigation and settlement offers for the following cases:
- Flynn v. Haltom City EDC
- James H. Watson v. City of Haltom City
- Amer Ozzie v. City of Haltom City
- Joe Williamson v. City of Haltom City
- Nicklaus Forrest v. City of Haltom City
- John Summers v. City of Haltom City
- Skyline Mobile Home Park v. Haltom City
Section 551.072 – Deliberations about Real Property
Deliberation regarding the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, and property owned or leased by the City and the EDC, including city buildings.
REGULAR SESSION 7:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Linda Thompson
ANNOUNCEMENTS/EVENTS - City Secretary Art Camacho PROCLAMATIONS - Friends Helping Friends - Bobbi Arthur REPORTS*
- Monthly Financial Report – Review of Monthly Financial Report for April & May 2019. (S. Foust)
- *Reports to the City Council may occur during the Work Session or Regular Session as time permits.
- Minutes – Consideration and/or action regarding approval of the Regular Meeting minutes of June 10, 2019 and Budget Meeting of June 13, 2019. (A. Camacho)
- Ordinance No. O-2019-013-15 (Z-004-19) – Consideration and/or action to approve the application of Jennifer Trevino for a Zone Change request from “C-3” Commercial to “SF- 1” Single-Family Residential on a tract of land situated in the Golden Gardens Addition, Lot 18, Block 3 and being approximately .9182 acres north of Midway Road, locally known as 5613 Midway Road – 2nd Reading (G. Batchelor)
- Ordinance No. O-2019-014-15 (CU-003-19) – Consideration and/or action to approve the application of Mark Miller for a Conditional Use Permit for contractor’s office (w/shop and garage) in the C-3 - Commercial District on a tract of land situated in the Fairview Acres Addition, Lot 10, Block 1 and being approximately .8484 acres north of Broadway Avenue, locally known as 4207 Broadway – 2nd Reading (G. Batchelor)
- Veterans Memorial - Consideration and/or action regarding liquidated damages and Change Order No. 2. (G. Van Nieuwenhuize)
- Appointment of the Municipal Judge – Consideration and/or action regarding approval of Ordinance No. O-2019-015-09 appointing the Municipal Judge of the Municipal Court of Record in the City of Haltom City. 1st Reading
Resolution No. R-2019-013-09 - Consideration and/or action regarding approval of the Municipal Court Judge annual compensation.
CITY STAFF REPORTS
Staff Report to Council/citizens from inquiries from Visitor/Citizen Forum.
FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
Discussion on items to be placed on future agendas.
Resignations of Board/Commissions/Committee Members – Consider approval of the resignations of Board/Commission/Committee Members.
Appointment/Reappointment to Boards/Commissions/Committees – Consider approval regarding appointments to Boards/Commissions/Committees.
EXCUSED ABSENCE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
Attendance Requirements – Consideration regarding excused absences of Council Members according to Article III, Sec. 3.07 (a). Attendance Requirements of the Haltom City Charter.
See Posting on Page One (1) of Agenda.
RECONVENE TO REGULAR SESSION
Take any action deemed necessary as a result of the Executive Session.
I, ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY OF THE CITY OF HALTOM CITY, TEXAS, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AGENDA WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL BULLETIN BOARDS IN CITY HALL ON THIS THE 21st DAY OF JUNE 2019, AT 5:00 P.M., WHICH IS A PLACE READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND THAT SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA OF ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED BY ME FROM THE CITY HALL BULLETIN BOARD ON DAY OF , 2019.
This facility is wheelchair accessible. Handicapped parking spaces are available. Request for sign interpretative services must be made 48 hours ahead of meeting. To make arrangements call 817-222-7754.