June 10, 2019 City Council Agenda
- Monday, June 10 2019
- Work Session - 6:00 p.m. | Meeting - 7:00 p.m.
- City Hall (Council Chambers) - 5024 Broadway Ave. | Haltom City, TX 76117
- Information: 817-222-7749
- Haltom City - City Secretary's Office
HALTOM CITY COUNCIL MEETING
June 10, 2019
CITY HALL - 5024 BROADWAY AVENUE
Council Chambers – Work Session – 6:00 P.M./Regular Session – 7:00 P.M. WORK SESSION 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER (General Comments)
This time is set‐aside for any person having business before the Council that is not scheduled on the agenda to speak to the Council. Please submit a completed Speaker’s Request Form to the City Secretary and follow the instructions listed on the form. If a group is present and interested in the same issue, please choose a spokesperson. Council cannot discuss or debate any issue brought forth at this time, nor can any formal action be taken, as it is not a posted agenda item in accordance with the open meetings law.
- McCullar, Meacham & Midway Roadways Discussion – G. Van Nieuwenhuize & K. Fisher
- BISD Presentation – Katie Bowman
- Review and discuss items on the Regular Agenda of June 10, 2019EXECUTIVE SESSION
Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code
As authorized by Section 551.071, the City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to seek legal advice from the City Attorney about any matters listed on the agenda, in addition to the following matters:Consultation with the City Attorney pertaining to any matter in which the duty of the City Attorney under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct which may conflict with the Open Meetings Act; including discussion of any item posted on the Agenda; to seek legal advice on open meetings, open records, code of ethics and conflicts of interest, city charter limitations, selection process for design/construction of Fire Station 3, and pending litigation and settlement offers for the following cases:
- Flynn v. Haltom City EDC
- James H. Watson v. City of Haltom City
- Amer Ozzie v. City of Haltom City
- Joe Williamson v. City of Haltom City
- Nicklaus Forrest v. City of Haltom City
- John Summers v. City of Haltom City
- Skyline Mobile Home Park v. Haltom City
Section 551.072 – Deliberations about Real Property - Deliberation regarding the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property, and property owned or leased by the City and the EDC, including city buildings. Section 551.074 – Personnel - Deliberation regarding the appointment, employment, evaluation,
reassignment, or duties of the Municipal Court Judge.
REGULAR SESSION 7:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Walter Grow
ANNOUNCEMENTS/EVENTS – City Secretary Art Camacho
PRESENTATIONS – Haltom High School - Michelle Heckathorn with BISD
- Minutes – Consideration and/or action regarding approval of the Minutes of May 13, 2019. (A. Camacho)
- Mayor Pro Tem – Consideration and/or action regarding the election of the Mayor Pro Tem. (A. Camacho)
- Interlocal Purchasing Agreement – Consideration and/or action regarding approval of an interlocal purchasing agreement with the City of White Settlement. (J. Carver)
- Ordinance No. O-2019-013-15 (Z-004-19) – Conduct a Public Hearing and consideration and/or action to approve the application of Jennifer Trevino for a Zone Change request from “C-3” Commercial to “SF- 1” Single-Family Residential on a tract of land situated in the Golden Gardens Addition, Lot 18, Block 3 and being approximately .9182 acres north of Midway Road, locally known as 5613 Midway Road – 1st Reading (G. Batchelor)
- Ordinance No. O-2019-014-15 (CU-003-19) – Conduct a Public Hearing and consideration and/or action to approve the application of Mark Miller for a Conditional Use Permit for contractor’s office (w/shop and garage) in the C-3 - Commercial District on a tract of land situated in the Fairview Acres Addition, Lot 10, Block 1 and being approximately .8484 acres north of Broadway Avenue, locally known as 4207 Broadway – 1st Reading (G. Batchelor)
- Interlocal Agreement with City of Richland Hills for Review and Approval of BISD School Site – Consideration and/or action to approve an agreement with Richland Hills for the review, inspection, and approval of construction for a new BISD elementary school to be located in the city limits of Haltom City and Richland Hills.
- Sale or Exchange of City Property – Consideration and/or action regarding authorizing notice and bidding for the sale of exchange of approximately 5.5 acres owned by the City of Haltom City and the Haltom City Economic Development Corporation located at the intersection of McCullar Street and Weaver Street.
- Pecan Park and Buffalo Ridge Park Restrooms – Consideration and/or action regarding approval to purchase restroom facilities through the Sourcewell cooperative contract. (C. Pruitt)
- Resolution No. R-2019-011-04 – Consideration and/or action to authorize the Chief of Police to execute an agreement for the city’s participation with the CJD FY 2019 Justice Assistance Grant funds. (K. Barton)
Ethics Commission – Consideration and/or action to create an Ethics Commission as per Charter Election Amendments.
- Assignment of Council Liaisons – Consideration and/or action to approve the assignment of Council liaisons to the various boards and commissions.
CITY STAFF REPORTS
- Staff Report to Council/citizens from inquiries from Visitor/Citizen Forum.FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS
- Discussion on items to be placed on future agendas.
Resignations of Board/Commissions/Committee Members – Consider approval of the resignations of Board/Commission/Committee Members.
Appointment/Reappointment to Boards/Commissions/Committees – Consider approval regarding appointments to Boards/Commissions/Committees.
EXCUSED ABSENCE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
Attendance Requirements – Consideration regarding excused absences of Council Members according to Article III, Sec. 3.07 (a). Attendance Requirements of the Haltom City Charter.
EXECUTIVE SESSIONSee Posting on Page One (1) of Agenda. RECONVENE TO REGULAR SESSION
- Take any action deemed necessary as a result of the Executive Session.
I, ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY OF THE CITY OF HALTOM CITY, TEXAS, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AGENDA WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL BULLETIN BOARDS IN CITY HALL ON THIS THE 7th DAY OF JUNE 2019, AT 5:00 P.M., WHICH IS A PLACE READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND THAT SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA OF ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED BY ME FROM THE CITY HALL BULLETIN BOARD ON DAY OF , 2019.
This facility is wheelchair accessible. Handicapped parking spaces are available. Request for sign interpretative services must be made 48 hours ahead of meeting. To make arrangements call 817-222-7754.