City Council's Strategic Goals
- Resolution No. R-2019-014-01
- Passed July 8, 2019
A resolution establishing strategic goals for the success and growth of Haltom City and its citizens.
WHEREAS, on June 13, 2019, the Mayor and City Council held a budget planning session, at which time they discussed current and future Strategic Goals; and
WHEREAS, the Haltom City Council’s Mission Statement is, “To provide quality services to all members of the community;” and
WHEREAS, the Haltom City Council’s Value Statements are as follows:
- Dependable: Willing to commit and follow through
- Ethical: Conforming to acceptable moral principles
- Responsive: Promptly reacting to the needs of others
- Respectful: Considerate of others
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for actions; and
WHEREAS, the Haltom City Council’s Strategic Goals for 2019 are:
- Economic Development: Pursue the current “Commercial and Retail Development Plan”—concentrating efforts on the 820, Belknap, and 121 Corridors.
- Continue to pursue Public/Private and Public/Public partnerships that make city functions more efficient and cost effective.
- Build and maintain partnerships with the non-profit sector to further advance the revitalization and beautification efforts of the City.
- Continue to build and maintain a “Relationships-Driven Culture”, while utilizing the Employee Compensation Fund and current market surveys to attract and retain high-quality staff.
- Continue to emphasize, promote, and support safety and security within our community.
- Utilize Performance Measurement and Management—along with Staff Execution and Planning—to accomplish the City Council’s mission to provide quality services to all members of the community, while practicing fiscal responsibility.
- Identify and implement an infrastructure replacement plan for the Law Enforcement Center and City Hall.
PRESENTED AND PASSED on this the 8th day of July, 2019, by a vote of 6 ayes and 0 nays at a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Haltom City, Texas.