2016 Summer Reading Program
There are two ways to get involved with this year's Summer Reading Program:
- Read for fun and for prizes by signing up to join the Summer Reading Program. This is for all ages, and you can read anywhere, anytime, anything! Then turn in your log & win prizes...it’s that easy.
- Attend one of the many events throughout the week sponsored by the Summer Reading Program. No registration is required to attend any of the weekly events. You do not have to participate in the reading portion to attend the weekly activities. Come when you can & bring a friend.
The weekly activities (starting June 3rd) include:
Mondays at 6:30 p.m. - Join us for a fun, family movie & popcorn (see below)
Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2:00 p.m. - Young readers can develop reading skills by reading to youth volunteers or to a reading dog!
Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. - Lt. Derek Woods from the Haltom City Fire Department will be here each week for safety tips & crafts. July 6th will feature John Cooper of BSNF Railroad.
Fridays at 2:00 p.m. - Each week will feature a different special guest performance (see below)
Monday Movie Nights will be at 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- June 6 - "The Good Dinosaur" Rate PG
- June 13 - "Hotel Transylvania 2" Rated PG
- June 20 - "Minions" Rated PG
- June 27 - "Shaun the Sheep" Rated PG
- July 4 - City Facilities Closed
- July 11 - "Norm of the North" Rated PG
- July 18 - "Inside Out" Rated PG
- July 25 - "Zootopia" Rated PG
Friday special guests will perform at 2:00 p.m. on Fridays:
- June 3 (kickoff) -
- June 10 -
- June 17 -
- June 24 -
- July 1 - Turtle Discovery
- July 8 -
- July 15 - Author James Martinez
- July 22 -
- July 29 (finale) -
- Friday, June 10 at 3:30 p.m.: Arts Council NE MasterWorks Concert: Boitumelo
- Friday, June 24 at 3:30 p.m.: Arts Council NE MasterWorks Concert: Mr. Blue Shoes
- Thursday, July 7 at 11:00 a.m.: Big City Trucks with the Haltom City Public Works Department
- Thursday, July 14 at 2:00 p.m.: Human Society of North Texas presents: "Safety With Animals"
For more information on the 2016 Summer Reading Program call the Haltom City Public Library at 817-222-7786.
The 2016 Summer Reading Program is sponsored by the Friends of the Haltom City Public Library.
We would also like to congratulate the two winners tied for first place in the 3rd annual Birdville ISD/Public Libraries’ Summer Reading Club contest, sponsored by the public libraries in Haltom City, Hurst, North Richland Hills, Richland Hills & Watauga.
Birdville High School senior Ian Chapoy created this video:
Richland High School senior Monica Bartley created this video: