Library Card Changes in 2015
The Haltom City Public Library is preparing for some big changes in January, 2015. The Library’s catalog software will be changing from Horizon to Polaris, which means big changes for the staff and some great new features for our Library patrons.
Some new features that you may enjoy in Polaris include:
- Patrons can choose to maintain reading history
- Patrons can save searches so they are alerted when new materials arrive
- Patrons can add reviews and ratings to titles and also benefit from reading other reviews
- Staff can link patron accounts together – to help families track fines and due dates easier
- Text notices for holds and overdue books are available
- Patrons can enlarge text
- Patrons can update their own phone numbers and email addresses
- And many more!
Tags: library catalog, library card
Haltom City Public LibraryFeatured News & Events
HCPL's Family Movie Night
The 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 pm is Family Movie Night...
HCPL's Hooowling Halloween - Oct 30
Join us for the Library's Hooowling Halloween on October 30, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. For children of all ages, we encourage everyone to wear a costume...including parents &...
HCPL's Teen Pumpkin Smash - Nov 1
Don’t know what to do with your pumpkins after Halloween? Bring your pumpkins to the Library and have a smashing good time. For 7th – 12th graders.
HCPL's Teen Trivia - Oct 27
Answer trivia questions while enjoying a free snack. No registration required.
For more information call Christina at...
HCPL's Pumpkin Decorating Contest
Decorate a pumpkin or gourd, real or artificial. Paint, glue, carve, magic marker, bling...use your imagination! The winning pumpkins will receive a Sonic gift card. An...
HCPL's Read Across TX - Nov 14
"Read Across Texas" is a statewide reading program sponsored by the Texas Center for the Book. "Read Across Texas" encourages communities to engage in tough but important...
Similarly Tagged Articles