Library Card Changes in 2015
The Haltom City Public Library is preparing for some big changes in January, 2015. The Library’s catalog software will be changing from Horizon to Polaris, which means big changes for the staff and some great new features for our Library patrons.
Some new features that you may enjoy in Polaris include:
- Patrons can choose to maintain reading history
- Patrons can save searches so they are alerted when new materials arrive
- Patrons can add reviews and ratings to titles and also benefit from reading other reviews
- Staff can link patron accounts together – to help families track fines and due dates easier
- Text notices for holds and overdue books are available
- Patrons can enlarge text
- Patrons can update their own phone numbers and email addresses
- And many more!
Tags: library catalog, library card
Haltom City Public LibraryFeatured News & Events
- Indie Author Alliance Extravaganza
Meet some of the best independent writers in the Metroplex. There will be readings by the authors themselves, book signings, video book trailer showings and art giveaways....
- HCPL Media Sale - Mar 6-11
The Friends of the Haltom City Public Library continue with their mini-sales in the run-up to their annual Book Sale in April. The Library will be hosting a Media Sale March...
- Book Sale - Apr 27-30
The Haltom City Library will be hosting their Friends of the HCPL Annual Book Sale April 27-30, 2017. Both new and used books will be available. Donations of gently used...
- AARP Tax Assistance
The Haltom City Public Library is currently taking appointments for tax preparation assistance. The AARP organization is again volunteering their time and expertise to help...
Similarly Tagged Articles