Library Card Changes in 2015
The Haltom City Public Library is preparing for some big changes in January, 2015. The Library’s catalog software will be changing from Horizon to Polaris, which means big changes for the staff and some great new features for our Library patrons.
Some new features that you may enjoy in Polaris include:
- Patrons can choose to maintain reading history
- Patrons can save searches so they are alerted when new materials arrive
- Patrons can add reviews and ratings to titles and also benefit from reading other reviews
- Staff can link patron accounts together – to help families track fines and due dates easier
- Text notices for holds and overdue books are available
- Patrons can enlarge text
- Patrons can update their own phone numbers and email addresses
- And many more!
Tags: library catalog, library card
Haltom City Public LibraryFeatured News & Events
Escape the Room - Dec 15
Players will be trapped in a room and in order to escape they must follow clues and solve puzzles within a set time limit. This event is for teen patrons 7th-12th grades....
HCPL's Holiday Story Time - Dec 14
Both Santa and Mrs. Claus will be flying in on their sleigh to meet boys and girls at the Library during our 2017 Holiday Story Time. There will also be a puppet show, a...
HCPL's Family Movie Night
The 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 pm is Family Movie Night...
HCPL's Teen Activities
The Haltom City Public Library host the following free programs at the Library. No registration is required for these activities.
Calling all gamers, 7th – 12th...
Super Science Saturdays - Dec 2
The first Saturday of each month, from 9 - 10:00 a.m., we explore different scientific concepts at the Haltom City Public Library. There are hands-on activities appropriate...
HCPL - ReferenceUSA Database
The Haltom City Public Library now offers access to ReferenceUSA, the premier source of information for business and consumer reference and research. All you need is a...
Similarly Tagged Articles