Library Card Changes in 2015
The Haltom City Public Library is preparing for some big changes in January, 2015. The Library’s catalog software will be changing from Horizon to Polaris, which means big changes for the staff and some great new features for our Library patrons.
Some new features that you may enjoy in Polaris include:
- Patrons can choose to maintain reading history
- Patrons can save searches so they are alerted when new materials arrive
- Patrons can add reviews and ratings to titles and also benefit from reading other reviews
- Staff can link patron accounts together – to help families track fines and due dates easier
- Text notices for holds and overdue books are available
- Patrons can enlarge text
- Patrons can update their own phone numbers and email addresses
- And many more!