Planning a Garage Sale?
Garage sale permits are issued based on regulations as defined in Ordinance O-2000-002-01 (Code Reference is Chapter 62, Article VII of the Haltom City Code of Ordinances). Permits must be obtained at City Hall, 5024 Broadway Ave., Haltom City, TX. Bring proof of residency with you, such as a driver's license or water bill. Proof of residency must be of address where the garage sale will take place.
- Sale of merchandise shall be restricted to permitted premises only
- No new merchandise acquired for resale shall be permitted
- Duration of each sale shall not exceed 3 consecutive calendar days
- No person shall receive a permit for the same address more than 4 times per calendar year
- The permit fee is $7
- The sign issued by the City shall only be placed in the front yard of the sale address, not less than 5 feet, nor more than 15 feet, from the street
- Signs made by citizens advertising garage sales shall be permitted with these restrictions:
- Signs may only be posted on residential-zoned properties and only with the permission of the property owner
- Signs shall not be larger than 2 ½ square feet in area, nor more than 2 ½ feet high
- Signs may be posted only while the garage sale is open for business
- Signs shall be posted not less than 5 feet, nor more than 15 feet, from the street
- Signs shall not be posted on utility poles, traffic, or sign poles, signs also are not permitted in street
Rain Check Policy
- Garage sales must have been cancelled as a result of rain or bad weather
- Garage sales must not have opened at any time
- Must notify City of the cancellation on the next business day
- Permit fees can be refunded or the sale can be rescheduled
If you have any questions please call City Hall at 817-222-7700.
Tags: Garage Sales