Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County
Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County just recently opened a new facility here in Haltom City, located at 5740 Airport Freeway. The goal of Meals on Wheels is to promote the dignity and independence of older adults, persons with disabilities, and other homebound persons by delivering nutritious meals and providing or coordinating needed services.
Some quick facts on their services include:
- 919,680 meals were delivered by Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County to elderly, homebound and disabled people in 2015
- Their oldest client is 108 and their youngest client is 22
- They offer a HomeMeds medication management program by pharmaceutical technicians
- It only takes an hour to deliver meals to 9 clients
- It cost just $6 to feed a client in need for one day
Meals on Wheels of Tarrant County is always looking for volunteers to pick-up and deliver meals, as well as support their community events. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, donating financially, or know someone who should be a Meals on Wheels client, please visit http://mealsonwheels.org/ for more information.
Tags: Volunteer, Health & Wellness, Community Engagement