Art Ramble - June 6th
The concept of pairing artists with Haltom City businesses for an evening of exhibits worked so well last year that the city’s art committee, Art in the City, decided to do it again. Scheduled for for Thursday, June 6th from 5 to 8:00 p.m., the “Art Ramble” will include 11 locations and approximately 16 local artists working in a variety of mediums. From pottery to painting, those who attend will be able to enjoy a wide range of creativity. Attendance is free and auction items and a chance at door prizes will be available at most locations.
Art Ramblers are encouraged to start at TCC Northeast Center, 3201 Friendly Lane, where they can view some representative samples of artists’ work and pick up a map of where displays will take place throughout city. From there, they can go to as many participating business they choose.
The list of locations and artists is as follows:
- TCC Northeast Center, 3201 Friendly Lane - featuring artist representative works of Art Ramble participants
- Norma Stone’s Floral Supply, 5555 Belknap St. - featuring artist Zane Cruse (sculptor and painter), Wayne Clowers (wood turner)
- Tony’s Muzik, 5600 Belknap St. - featuring artist Mary Arter (potter)
- Pete’s Style Shop, 5156 Belknap St. - featuring artist Valarie Carroll (fabric crafter)
- Russell Feed and Supply, 5000 Belknap St. - featuring artist Teresa Tabraham (yard artistry)
- Metro Paint, 4035 Belknap St. featuring artist Ellie Ivanova (photographer)
- Terry’s Motors, 4401 NE 28th St. - featuring artist Bennie Wood (painter), Sheila Cahill (painter), Lynn Buchanan (painter), Hank Johnson (potter)
- The Law Office of Hoang Tran, 1828 N. Beach St. - featuring artist Quincy Conwell (painter)
- Chuy’s, 5115 NE 28th St. - featuring artist Doris Mobley (painter) and Judith Wolf (painter)
- Paul’s Flower Boutique, 1800 Haltom Road - featuring artist Mason Cox (painter)
- Wilborn Auto, 1701 Haltom Road featuring artist Camille Branson (painter/crafts), Brenda Stolwyk (painter), Julie Petty (jeweler)
pictured at right: photograph by Ellie Ivanova