Primary Audit Committee responsibilities:
- To serve as a communications link between the City’s outside auditors and the City Council.
- To meet at least annually with the outside auditors to review the most recently completed annual audit and plan for the next annual audit. Additional meetings may be held as needed.
- To insure that the City utilizes the services of auditors that are both independent and competent.
- To examine carefully the control weaknesses reported in the audit Management Letter and to satisfy itself that management has taken appropriate action to correct any deficiencies discovered during the audit.
Committee member selection and term length:
- Members shall be selected by the City Council and serve for a period of one year.
- Three members of the City Council shall serve as primary appointees and one Council member shall serve as alternate as needed in the absence of one of the primary appointees.
- One of the primary appointees shall be appointed as Chairperson. Either the City Council or the Audit Committee may accomplish this appointment.