Classes Offered at Haltom City Recreation Center
China Oil Painting
Learn to paint on canvas, porcelain, glass and more.
- Meets: Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Cost: $7/class
- Ages: Adults
- Instructor: Joan Neal
Learn the art of Karate while building self-confidence, self-discipline and earn self-respect through the martial art form of Karate.
- Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Instructor Sensei Mike Rangel, 2nd degree black belt
PiYo (Pilates/Yoga Hybrid)
PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility of flowing yoga movements. You’ll use your body weight to perform a series of continuous, targeted moves to define every single muscle. Cost is $25/month for unlimited classes or $15/month for one day/week.
Classes are held on Saturdays at 12:15 p.m. and Thursdays at 5:30 p.m.
Children will learn the alphabet, numbers, colors and shapes through the use of games, music and crafts. Different theme each week in the summer! Snack included. This class gives your little one a head start on school. Must be potty trained.
- For ages 3-6
- Meets Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $95 (plus $10 supply fee to instructor on first day of class)
- Instructor: Ms. Dottie Nicholson
This class combines agile steps, joint safe exercise and mental strength to improve mobility, breathing, and relaxation in ways the help you feel in greater control over your daily life.
- Meets: Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ages: Adult
- Cost: $20/month
- Instructor: Jim Fesler
Gain self-confidence, self-discipline, and self-respect through the art of Wing-Jitsu, using Ju-Jitsu, Kung Fu, and Kempo martial art forms. Taught by 8th degree black belt, Dale Rodgers.
- Classes meet Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 12:15-2:15 p.m.
- Cost: $25/month ($5 discount for additional family members)
Zumba has returned to the Haltom City Recreation Center! This Latin-infused, dance-based party will leave you feeling great and burning tons of calories. Ditch the workout, join the party! Cost is $5/class or puchase a 10-class punch card for $25.
Classes are held 9 - 10:00 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.