Classes Offered at Haltom City Recreation Center
China Oil Painting
Learn to paint on canvas, porcelain, glass and more.
- Meets: Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Cost: $7/class
- Ages: Adults
- Instructor: Joan Neal
Learn the art of Goshin Karate while building self-confidence, self-discipline and earn self-respect through the martial art form of Karate.
- Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Instructor Sensei Mike Rangel, 2nd degree black belt
Children will learn the alphabet, numbers, colors and shapes through the use of games, music and crafts. Different theme each week in the summer! Snack included. This class gives your little one a head start on school. Must be potty trained.
Ages: 3-6 years old
- Meets Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $75 (plus $5 supply fee to instructor on first day of class)
- Instructor: Ms. Dottie Nicholson
This class combines agile steps, joint safe exercise and mental strength to improve mobility, breathing, and relaxation in ways the help you feel in greater control over your daily life.
- Meets: Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ages: Adult
- Cost: $20/month
- Instructor: Jim Fesler
Gain self-confidence, self-discipline, and self-respect through the art of Wing-Jitsu, using Ju-Jitsu, Kung Fu, and Kempo martial art forms. Taught by 8th degree black belt, Dale Rodgers.
- Classes meet Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 12:15-2:15 p.m.
- Cost: $25/month ($5 discount for additional family members)
All the fun of Zumba at a more friendly pace...low‐impact Zumba Gold is designed to improve overall health and balance, reduce stress, and improve your social life! This class is appropriate for all ages, including beginners, active older adults, and anyone looking for a fun, high‐energy workout that is easier on the body.
- Mondays - 5:15-6:15 p.m.
- Cost is $5/class or $25 for a 10-class punch card
- Instructor: Mike Colbert, certified Zumba instructor