Classes Offered at Haltom City Recreation Center
A variety of reasonably priced classes are offered at by Haltom City Parks & Recreation. You may register online for classes here.
China Oil Painting
Learn to paint on canvas, porcelain, glass and more.
- Meets: Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Cost: $7/class
- Ages: Adults
- Instructor: Joan Neal
Learn the art of Karate while building self-confidence, self-discipline and earn self-respect through the martial art form of Karate.
- Meets Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Instructor Sensei Mike Rangel, 2nd degree black belt
Children will learn the alphabet, numbers, colors and shapes through the use of games, music and crafts. Different theme each week in the summer! Snack included. This class gives your little one a head start on school. Must be potty trained.
- For ages 3-6
- Meets Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $95 (plus $10 supply fee to instructor on first day of class)
- Instructor: Ms. Dottie Nicholson
This class combines agile steps, joint safe exercise and mental strength to improve mobility, breathing, and relaxation in ways the help you feel in greater control over your daily life.
- Meets: Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ages: Adult
- Cost: $20/month
- Instructor: Jim Fesler
Gain self-confidence, self-discipline, and self-respect through the art of Wing-Jitsu, using Ju-Jitsu, Kung Fu, and Kempo martial art forms. Taught by 8th degree black belt, Dale Rodgers.
- Classes meet Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 p.m. and Saturdays 12:15-2:15 p.m.
- Cost: $25/month ($5 discount for additional family members)
Zumba has returned to the Haltom City Recreation Center! This Latin-infused, dance-based party will leave you feeling great and burning tons of calories. Ditch the workout, join the party! Cost is $5/class or puchase a 10-class punch card for $25.
Classes are held 9 - 10:00 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.