Check out the image gallery of the dedication ceremony for the new Haltom City Fire Station #2 that took place Saturday, September 14th, 2013.
The new station is located at 5700 Midway Rd.
Carson St./SH 121 Construction - Updates found here
Haltom City Fire/Rescue Department's news and events are listed here.
Haltom City encourages all citizens to maintain situational awareness during severe weather events and be prepared to "shelter" in place if necessary. Here are basic tornado safety tips that will help you find the most ideal location to take shelter during a storm:
Haltom City does not have public storm shelters. While they may seem like a good idea they often come with more risks than benefits to residents, including:
In September of 2012 Haltom City Fire/Rescue's only ladder truck was severely damaged by an electrical fire in the cab. In order to replace this important piece of equipment the city council approved an emergency purchase of a replacement ladder truck. The new ladder truck, with a purchase price of $548,000, was recently delivered to the City of Haltom City. Since being delivered the fire truck has been outfitted with radios and other equipment to enable it to serve the citizens of Haltom City.
Labeled Quint 471, the new truck can function both as a pumper and as a ladder truck. The truck's tank can hold 300 gallons of water and has a fire pump that can flow up to 1500 gallons of water per minute. The ladder can be extended to 78 feet. This new piece of equipment will respond to all types of emergencies here in Haltom City and the surrounding communities.
As the seasons change, temperatures get colder and storms cause the loss of electricity, more families are using gas appliances to keep their homes warm. Fuel-powered devices can provide wonderful benefit to families when used properly, but they also underscore an important necessity in the home: the need for a carbon monoxide alarm.
Carbon monoxide is a gas that you cannot see, taste, or smell. It is created when fuel, such as gasoline, kerosene, propane, natural gas, oil, wood or charcoal do not burn properly. Carbon monoxide poisoning can result from faulty furnaces or other heating appliances, portable generators, water heaters, clothes dryers, or cars left running in garages. At its worst, carbon monoxide can cause severe side effects or even death.
Young children are especially vulnerable to the effects of carbon monoxide because of their smaller bodies. Children process carbon monoxide differently than adults, may be more severely affected by it, and may show signs sooner. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, nausea, and drowsiness.
Safekids.org has a list of tips to help eliminate risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in the home.
Check out a video of the Haltom City Fire/Rescue Firefighter Clowns as they take their show on the road to the Academy at West Birdville elementary school.