Haltom City - Accounting Division
The Accounting division operates out of the Finance Department and is responsible for the following duties:
- Oversee the collection, disbursement, and investment of all City funds.
- Provide timely and accurate fiscal management data to City management, staff, and Council.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget approved by the City Council.
- Prepare and monitor multi-year financial models.
- Coordinate the planning, issuance and repayment of debt.
- Coordinate and plan the annual City audit of its accounts and financial statements.
- Preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
- Perform the accurate recording of financial transactions into the City’s general ledger.
- Monitor all grant funded projects throughout the City
- Process accounts payable to ensure that vendors are paid in compliance with the terms of purchase.
- Issuance and processing of accounts receivable invoices for the collection of liens, health and safety inspection fees, and other miscellaneous items.
- Invest idle City funds for the best possible yield after ensuring the safety of the investment and anticipating future liquidity needs.
Tags: Accounting Division