August 28, 2017 City Council Meeting Agenda
HALTOM CITY COUNCIL MEETING
August 28, 2017 - CITY HALL - 5024 BROADWAY AVENUE
Council Chambers – Work Session – 6:00 P.M.
Regular Session – 7:00 P.M.
WORK SESSION 6:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER (General Comments)
- Review and discuss items on the regular agenda of August 28, 2017.
Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code
As authorized by Section 551.071, the City Council reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to seek legal advice from the City Attorney about any matters listed on the agenda, in addition to the following matters:
Consultation with the City Attorney pertaining to any matter in which the duty of the City Attorney under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct which may conflict with the Open Meetings Act; including discussion of any item posted on the Agenda; to seek legal advice on open meetings, open records, dissolution/restructuring of the Haltom City Economic Development Corporation, NEO playing fields property, and pending litigation and settlement offers for the following cases:
Section 551.072 – Deliberations about Real Property
- Flynn v. Haltom City EDC
- James H. Watson v. City of Haltom City
- Tarrant County, et al v. Richard J. Westfall/City of Haltom City
- Amer Ozzie v. City opf Haltom City
Deliberation regarding the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property owned or leased by the City, including city buildings.
Section 551.074 - Personnel
Deliberation regarding the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee:
REGULAR SESSION 7:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Council Member Ricky Brown
ANNOUNCEMENTS/EVENTS – City Secretary Art Camacho
PRESENTATION – Haltom City Beautification Board
- Monthly Financial Report – Review of the monthly Financial Report. (J. Fung)
*Reports to the City Council may occur during the Work Session or Regular Session as time permits.
- Minutes – Consideration and/or action regarding approval of the Minutes of the meeting of August 7, 2017, August 14, 2017 and August 21, 2017. (A. Camacho)
- Proposed FY2018 Budget – Conduct a public hearing and consideration and/or action regarding approval of Ordinance No. O-2017-023-03 adopting the proposed FY2018 budget. 1st Reading (J. Fung)
- Proposed FY2018 Tax Rate – Conduct a public hearing (second) and consideration and/or action regarding approval of Ordinance No. O-2017-024-03 adopting the FY2018 Proposed Tax Rate. 1st Reading (J. Fung)
- Ordinance No. O-2017-019-15 (CU-010-17) - Consider action on the application of Virginia Hale on behalf of Victory Prime Holdings, LLC requesting approval of a Conditional Use Permit for tattoo studio use in the “C-3” Commercial District located on Lots 34B2 and 34F1 of the G.W. Burkitt’s Subdivision, being approximately 0.3285 acres south of E. Belknap Street and west of Haltom Road, having the approximate address of 5030 E. Belknap Street. 2nd Reading (G. Batchelor)
- Ordinance No. O-2017-020-15 (Z-005-17) - Consider action on the application of Steven Harter on behalf of Stan Standridge for a Zoning Change request from “SF-2” Single Family Residential District to “C-3” Commercial District located on Lot 19, Block 3 of the Golden Gardens Addition, being approximately 0.918 acres located north of Midway Road and west of Thomas Road, locally known as 5617 Midway Road; and action on an amendment to O-2010-011-15, amending the Future Land Use Plan within the 2010 Comprehensive Land Use Plan. 2nd Reading (G. Batchelor)
- Sidewalk Waiver – Consideration and/or action to authorize payment into the Safe Pathways Fund in lieu of sidewalk construction at 2220 Moneda Avenue. (G. Batchelor)
- Replat (P-006-17) – Consideration and/or action on the application of Matt Maly for approval of a replat creating Lots 12-R1, 12-R2 and 12-R3, Block 1, Gray Addition from Lots 6, 7 and 12R, Block 1, Gray Addition, located in the “C-2” Commercial District, containing approximately 5.542 acres, and locally known as 6340 North Beach Street. (G. Batchelor)
- Audit Committee Appointments – Consideration and/or action regarding nominating and appointing members to the Audit Committee. (Mayor Averitt)
This time is set-aside for any person having business before the Council that is not scheduled on the agenda to speak to the Council. Please submit a completed Speaker’s Request Form to the City Secretary and follow the instructions listed on the form. If a group is present and interested in the same issue, please choose a spokesperson. Council cannot discuss or debate any issue brought forth at this time, nor can any formal action be taken, as it is not a posted agenda item in accordance with the open meetings law.
- Resignations of Board Members - Consider approval of the resignations of Board/Commission Members.
- Appointment/Reappointment to Boards and Commissions – Consider approval regarding appointments to Boards/Commissions.
EXCUSED ABSENCE OF COUNCIL MEMBERS
12. Attendance Requirements – Consideration regarding excused absences of Council Members according to Article III, Sec. 3.07 (a). Attendance Requirements of the Haltom City Charter.
See Posting on Page One (1) of Agenda.
RECONVENE TO REGULAR SESSION
13. Take any action deemed necessary as a result of the Executive Session, including the purchase of the Northeast Optimist playing fields.
I, ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY OF THE CITY OF HALTOM CITY, TEXAS, DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE AGENDA WAS POSTED ON THE OFFICIAL BULLETIN BOARDS IN CITY HALL ON THIS THE 25th DAY OF AUGUST, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M., WHICH IS A PLACE READILY ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES AND THAT SAID NOTICE WAS POSTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH CHAPTER 551, TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE.
ART CAMACHO, CITY SECRETARY
I CERTIFY THAT THE ATTACHED NOTICE AND AGENDA OF ITEMS TO BE CONSIDERED BY THE CITY COUNCIL WAS REMOVED BY ME FROM THE CITY HALL BULLETIN BOARD ON ________ DAY OF _______________, 2017. Name: __________________________________________ Title: ___________________________________________________
This facility is wheelchair accessible. Handicapped parking spaces are available. Request for sign interpretative services must be made 48 hours ahead of meeting. To make arrangements call 817-222-7754.