'18 Fine Arts Student Scholarship
- Three $500 Scholarships Will be Awarded to Haltom HS and/or Shannon HS Fine Arts Graduating Seniors
- Application Deadline: April 13, 2018
The 2nd annual Haltom City Fine Arts Student Scholarship is now accepting applications from Haltom City 2018 graduating senior students. It is the desire of the city to assist graduating fine arts seniors in reaching their higher education goals as Haltom City recognizes the importance of art and education in the vitality of our community.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to provide one-time funding to graduating seniors to assist them in furthering their higher education in a fully accredited community or four-year college or university. The scholarship will recognize students who have already proven their commitment to citizenship, service and the fine arts.
- Three $500 scholarships will be awarded to Haltom High School and/or Shannon High School fine arts graduating seniors that reside in Haltom City.
- Scholarship recipients will be determined by the City of Haltom City based upon completion of the designated application and in-person interview.
- Funds will be made payable to the institution after the student has enrolled and may be used for tuition, books, fees or on-site room and board.
- Scholarship recipients will be invited to attend The Northeast Tarrant Chamber Membership Luncheon on May 17, 2018. Recipients and their parents/legal guardians will be guests of the City of Haltom City.
- The City of Haltom City reserves the right to revoke any scholarship award at any time if a recipient is ruled to be ineligible or if the recipient fails to enroll in school within 12 months of award selection, or for other reasons as deemed appropriate by the city.
If you have any questions regarding this application, please contact Haltom City's Community Projects Coordinator.
The online application can be accessed here.
Rules & Regulations
- To be eligible, the recipient must demonstrate that he/she is a graduating senior with a GPA of 3.25 or higher (unless extenuating circumstances exist...warranting further consideration by the City of Haltom City for a student with a lower GPA) and:
- is the student residing in Haltom City and whose school is Haltom High School or Shannon High School
- is a United States citizen
- spent at least two semesters in a BISD fine arts program
- plans to use the funds to attend an accredited community or four-year college or university
- has fully completed the designated application form and submitted it by the stated deadline
- has submitted the required essay and had the counselor submit the transcript by the stated deadline
- The City of Haltom City will determine the best-qualified applicant from this area as demonstrated by:
- Fine Arts student
- Leadership/school and community involvement (i.e., church activities, volunteer work, extracurricular school activities)
- Personal interview of top candidates
- Financial need
- Community, civic and volunteer service, work experience and attendance are emphasized in consideration of these scholarships
- Applications must be complete in order to be considered
Please mail/drop off a sealed copy of your transcript to:
Haltom City Recreation Center
Attention: Community Projects Coordinator
4839 Broadway Ave.
Haltom City, TX 76117