Haltom City, Texas | Official Website - 2016 Writing Contest Winning... https://t.co/c7SDvgw7LL
- All library materials (books, audiobooks, magazines and movies) may be checked out for three weeks.
- Any item may be renewed once, unless another individual has placed a reserve on it. Either call Telecirc at 817 871-7771 or go online.
- The other MetrOPAC libraries have separate loan periods.
How to Get a Library Card
- Haltom City residents and business owners qualify for a free library card when they show a photo ID and a proof of residency, such as a valid driver's license, DPS identification card, voter registration card, lease agreement, utility bill, or other identifying document showing a current address. Business owners must show proof of ownership. Cards for children ages 0-17 years require a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature in person. For more information, please phone the Circulation Desk at 817 222-7785.
- The application for a new library card can be filed in person or online by clicking the “Click Here to Register Now” link.
- Non-residents living in one of the MetrOPAC cities use their own city’s library card in Haltom City as well.
- People living outside the MetrOPAC cities may apply for a non-resident card by presenting valid identification and proof of residency. This card is only valid for the Haltom City Public Library. Materials from the MetrOPAC libraries and through interlibrary loan are not available to non-residents.
- Statewide TexShare cards are available for Haltom City residents.
Fines & Fees
Haltom City charges 20¢ per day for each book that is overdue. The other MetrOPAC libraries have different charges. If your total fines are over $5, or you have materials overdue, your borrowing privileges may be suspended. Once all fines have been paid and materials have been returned, your privileges will be reinstated. The Haltom City Public Library can accept payments for the other MetrOPAC libraries. Payment by credit card may be made through your account online. The library requires a $15.00 refundable deposit to check out the following materials: ASVAB, GED & SAT study guides. This deposit will be refunded upon return of these items in good condition.
The drive through pick-up window allows patrons to pick up reserve materials (books, movies, audios) without leaving the car. Please call first to arrange to pick up items at the window. The telephone number is 817 222-7787. All library materials can be returned in the drive through book return at any time. Both pick-up and return windows may be found on the west side of the building
We are part of the MetrOPAC library agreement. Haltom City residents may use their Haltom City Library card to borrow from other MetrOPAC libraries as if they were residents of the other cities. The other MetrOPAC cities are Benbrook, Burleson, Fort Worth and Richland Hills.
We also receive deliveries from the MetrOPAC libraries four times each week. Books and movies are sent to us by request for our residents to pick up. The rules of the other library must be followed when borrowing their items.
We can ask other libraries to send us books and other library material from around the world. If you want something that cannot be found locally, ask us about it. To find out what we can request, check the WorldCat world catalog. A $3.00 charge for postage will be added per item.