Sage advice. https://t.co/mCM12L2IxN
What to Do When You Hear a Warning
- Remain calm and go inside immediately. Turn on your radio or television.
NOTE: In this area, WBAP Radio 820 AM is the designated Emergency Alert System (EAS) station. Most other radio and television stations will also broadcast information regarding emergencies.
- Listen carefully to instruction provided by the EAS station.
- Take whatever action is necessary to protect yourself and your family. -Stay inside unless you receive information that contradicts staying inside. It is almost always safer to stay inside until the emergency has ended.
- Please do not call 911 unless you must report a life-threatening situation.
- Keep blankets, water, food (non-perishable), flashlight, personal hygiene items, necessary medications, portable radio and spare batteries readily accessible.
- Have your driver’s license, checkbook, cash and credit cards with you.
- Always keep at least a half tank of fuel in your vehicle at all times.
- If you have a cellular telephone, keep it charged and accessible for these emergencies.